Established in 1977, W M Donald has over 40 years of experience as industry leaders within civil engineering and construction
W M Donald is a family run business that began trading in 1977. They recruited their first employee in 1978, and as their team grew in size and experience, they became involved in many of the most important civil engineering projects in the North-east. The collective attitude of “making things happen”, whatever the project or circumstance, has let to them becoming one of the largest civil engineering companies in the North-east, allowing them to work on projects across the UK.
From the ground up
On each project, W M Donald takes a piece of ground and creates something beneficial on, or under, that piece of land. Whether this is roads, sewers, utility networks, bridges, building foundations etc., the ground on which W M Donald works is improved in some shape of form. The company has quite literally grown from the ground up, from the early beginnings of a smaller family company to the larger, industry-leading organisation that W M Donald is today, with over 140 employees.
The core purpose delivered by the entire W M Donald team on a day-to-day business is in: ‘Providing trusted, professional, civil engineering solutions across a wide range of infrastructure projects.’
The means by which W M Donald adheres to this vision statement is encapsulated in the following values:
- We are customer focused, hardworking and concentrate on getting the job done.
- We invest in our workforce providing appropriate equipment and training to ensure a diligent and effective workforce.
- We innovate, solving problems as they occur to avoid delays and holdups.
- We maintain high standards in safety, quality & environmental recognised through our ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 certifications.
- We go beyond the basic job using our skills and experience to create the right solution each step of the way.