Stewart Milne Construction
Playground and exterior remediation
W M Donald was tasked to fully remediate a school playground with an existing surface water ponding issue that was not compliant with the client’s initial design specification. Due to the short timescale to complete the project, designs were further developed on site to achieve required specifications in collaboration with the client.
Precise setting out and supervision ensured all new channels were laid to mm precision so all gradients tied in with existing features. The use of a UTS controlled automatic grader allowed for highly accurate grading of subbase to achieve required surface falls and surfacing thicknesses in a tight working space.
All works were completed on time for the school reopening.
- All works to be completed within 2 weeks
- Detailed Topographic Survey - Prestart
- Working with Client's engineer to agree workable remediation with respect to existing features – doorways, steps and seating areas that could not be altered
- Machine control Surface Model – Design changes modelled on site to avoid delays
- Removal of all existing tar surfacing and full construction remediation
- Location and Protection of existing services
- Installation of new Drainage Channels and pipework
- High accuracy Grading – Automatics enabled UTS Mini Grader to achieve consistent surface grade of less than 1.5%
- Surfacing – 2500m² (85mm AC32 – 45mm AC14)
- White lining and specialist soft play surfacing
- Detailed as built survey
- CCTV survey and cleaning of drainage network prior to handover
- Project Management